My Skincare Routine (part II)

On my last post, I shared all the products that I've been using on my everyday morning and night routine to take care of my skin, today I am gonna share three products that I don't wear on a daily bases but that have become an essential part of my skincare routine.  


Bioderma Sébium Night Peel Smoothing Concentrate: Something I have always delt with is acne scarring. That is mainly because I can't keep my hands off my face. It's a terrible discussing habit, yet, I do it (pretty much the same with biting my nails, I know it's bad but I can't stop). 
When I had a skin diagnosis at Wells (a Portuguese drugstore, where they offer free services such as skin diagnosis and express makeup or facials) the lady recommended this product to help my acne scars to fade.  
This product is meant to wear every night for four weeks and to have a monthly break between cycles of use. 
The product helps to smooth the bumps and marks on my skin. It is quite an aggressive product to the skin so you need to be careful to wash your skin with a cleanser every morning after usage, to wear an SPF every day and to moisturize well, once this is quite a drying product. 
However, I would really recommend it. My skin is looking better than ever since doing one cycle of the treatment (I am aiming to do no more than 5 cycles per year with 2 months of rest between them). If you have a lot of acne scars and marks on your skin this is for sure a product to consider buying especially since it's quite an affordable choice from the french pharmacy brand. 


Uriage Hyséac SOS Paste: This product is a life savior. I got it at the same time I got all my other french pharmacy bits. This is a paste meant to help dry out blemishes when they appear on the skin. It works really well in active acne and it drys up my blemishes overnight, which helps a lot in combating my bad habit of squeezing my zits. 
This is probably the most affordable product out of my whole routine which is good because a little tub lasts a long time. 
I normally apply it on my skin after moisturizing at night. I never put my finger inside the product, instead, I use a spatula to take a little bit of it out and then I apply it on top of my zit. When I wake up the next day, is like it never existed. 


Kiehls's Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Masque: Face masks became a huge thing in skincare a few years ago, due to the Korean skincare routine boom. I have been trying not to use a lot of sheet masks because they are terrible for the environment regardless of how good they feel.
This Kiehl's mask is one of my favorites. It helps me balance the oily production of my skin and consequently the number of breakouts that I have. I would say this mask will work better in combination to oily skin. 
The brand says it can be used once or twice a week but honestly I only use it once. I let it dry for 10 minutes before cleaning it off with tepid water. 
I truly believe doing a face mask once a week can change your routine completely and I would really recommend you giving it a try if you don't have a step like this one on your routine.
 

And this is it, guys! The full list of all my lotions and potions I've been using on my skin for the past few months. I would recommend you give a read to part one of this in which I shared my everyday skincare regime!


5 comments

  1. I love your photographs x

    Mari | www.dazedmari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I try really hard with my photographs actually so that compliment means a lot!

      Delete
  2. You've shared some incredibly useful information. This is frequently a terrific way for us to broaden our knowledge while remaining useful. Thank you for bringing this article to our attention. dermatologist in kl

    ReplyDelete
  3. The content you've posted here is fantastic because it provides some excellent information that will be quite beneficial to me. Thank you for sharing about high quality personal care products for sale. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the work and effort that went into this article. This paragraph provides you with a clear picture of Order Juvederm Dermal Fillers UK. Without a question, it is an insightful piece that may assist us in expanding our understanding.

    ReplyDelete