The Minimalist version of a makeup bag


The holiday season for a lot of us means a season to travel home to see family and relatives. With traveling obviously comes packing and if you are anything like me over packing. So this post might be for you if you feel like makeup is the place to cut it when it comes to packing less stuff. 
I'm gonna show you my ABSOLUTE  essentials for the travel season. I tried my best to keep it to the minimum so I really hope you like it.


Brushes is the first thing that we normally over pack, you know, just in case we want to do a full glam eye makeup look before we open our presents on Christmas morning... 
To keep it down and simple I think that is essential to bring a makeup sponge, I've been testing out the Real Techniques Miracle Face Sponge and I'm loving it so far (but a review will come soon).
Then when it comes to complexion I think the minimum is a Powder, a Blush, a Bronzer and a Fan brush that I use for highlighter.
For eyes I tried to keep it to the extreme minimum so all I said was two blending brushes, a bigger and a smaller one and then just a simple eyeshadow brush to pack on that holiday shimmery shadow all over the lead.


Now we get to the fun part, which is also the part that makes us want to keep adding random things like that glittery purple eyeshadow just in case we decided that a purple eye look is just what a bright red Christmas sweater is asking for. 
So the MINIMUM and I repeat minimum (and believe me I know myself I will pack a lot more then this) is, a foundation and concealer, I love the Born This Way Foundation and Concealer from Too Faced, they are both creamy and amazing and I love them. -
Then a Bronzer and Blush duo is a really cool thing to bring, I love products like this when I'm traveling because they keep me from over packing, the one I've been using and abusing is the Elf Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder. 
For brows something really simple like a brow pencil that has a little brush on the other side is perfect, the one I recommend is the Sleek one. 
For eyeshadow everything that is more then one eyeshadow pallet is excessive, the one I absolutely have to recommend is the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Pallet, my boyfriend got me for Christmas last year and I think in a year I used it every single day I wore makeup.
For eyeliner (also tips and trick on how to achieve the perfect one here) if you want to keep it to the minimal I would only bring my liquid eyeliner pen and if you are in the market for a new one the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Eyeliner is the absolute best one out there.
Mascara and this is not difficult to keep to the minimum I just bring the L'Oreal False Lash Extensions that gives me length and volume like there is no tomorrow. 
For lips the absolute minimum would be a lip balm like the Oriflame Giordani Gold Lip balm, the NYX Lingerie in the shade Embellishment is my favourite nude liquid lipstick at the moment. For a bright colour I would say  just bring a red, my favorite one is the Mac Matte Lipstick in the shade Studded Kiss.


And there you have it, my minimalist packing list when it comes to makeup, I hope you enjoyed it!
What would you change about this list? 

26 comments

  1. I definitely over pack my makeup when I'm travelling! Luckily I use a beauty blender instead of brushes which saves space! I always bring 47 different lipsticks too because I like to change it up and layer them sometimes!
    Kyla
    Wanderlustkyla.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you sister! I normally also pack a beauty blender, it is the best tool ever to do your makeup with!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can SO relate to this! Half my suitcase is makeup and brushes! I really enjoyed this post and will remember this the next time I travel! love your brushes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they are from Zoeva, for me they are one of the best brands of makeup/tools out there

      Delete
  4. What a cute pouch! I love that it packs just the essentials.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette is such a good neutral palette. Love it!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the color of the bag, nice and bright is definitely what I need in a cold winter like this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you emphasized the word "minimum" in this post hahaha! I can totally relate! I try my best to pack light when it comes to my makeups whenever I travel but then I still bring my set of brushes. That is one cute pouch btw. xx

    http://www.prettyweirdbombshell.com/easy-vancouver-hikes-for-beginners/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pouch is from Primark, yes "minimum" it's so hard to pack my makeup light but yeah I hope that this post really helps anyone

      Delete
    2. The pouch is from Primark, yes "minimum" it's so hard to pack my makeup light but yeah I hope that this post really helps anyone

      Delete
  8. I am in need of new makeup! I have been using the same stuff for way to long. I hope to get some for my birthday. I would die for the two faced platte!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These makeup products look amazing. I really want to try the chocolate bar palette! Definitely on my wish list this Christmas ;) xo, sharon

    www.stylelullaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its such a good idea to carry all your mini brushes in your makeup bag. I just have my big real techniques one because noting else fits! I used to carry around my beauty blender but I started getting break outs quite a lot and I think that contributed to the breakouts. Although I cleaned it every week it got dirty really easy :(


    Kumbear Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you clean a beauty blender after every use it won't break you up, but I feel you, I doubt anyone does that

      Delete
  11. Looks like we have the same taste in beauty products hon because I love the too faced chocolate palette and the foundation! They have such awesome products!

    Helen xx
    https://ch1k.com/summer-roadtrip-to-ocean-farm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh I always over-pack my travel make-up bag! I bring so many eye-shadows that invariably I never actually use! I love the Too Faced eye shadow pallets, they are so amazingly pigmented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now a days prefer the Huda Beauty Mini pallets, the quality is great and they are super travel friendly! I love them!

      Delete
  13. I have such a minimal make up bag too! I just bring eyeliner, skin cleanser, exfoliator, mascara and lipstick! Love your products!

    Chelsea
    Chow Down USA
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly now a days I need a bigger bag for skincare only. I've become addicted to taking care of my skin!

      Delete
  14. Oh very cute products darling
    Great post
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Regardless of whether you aren't that partial to travel, bringing back keepsakes consistently is decent. Visit this webpage

    ReplyDelete