My Thoughts on the Hair Accessories Trend


I almost never do hair posts, or hairstyles or anything hair related because I was never able to do hairstyles, I actually learned how to do a ponytail when I was 13 and I can't braid my hair to save my life. I've always approached my hair in a way to keep it healthy and brushed, maybe up in a bun, but nothing more than that.
Having hair accessories become such a huge trend in 2019 I wanted to give an opportunity to the trend, especially because accessories can really take a look to the next level. For the first time, I saw a bit of hope into making my hair looks a bit more interesting than a ponytail, a trend that will make me able to actually style my hair. 



The first hair accessory that I tried I had bought last year without even realizing that it could be a hair accessory, was a tissue scarf from Parfois. I got it to tie around my neck or to my purse but then I saw a lot of people on Instagram using it around their ponytails and their buns and I decided to give it a try. I felt so good, maybe because my hairstyles are always so basic or maybe because it makes me feel like the Parisian women I've always aspired to be. The truth is, that kind of accessory became a staple in my closet. This one is extra easy to style once you most likely already own and it's a great first step when it comes to getting into this trend.


After that experience I was obsessed and I wanted more. I got a few sets of bobby pins with a special touch. These are another easy pick when it comes to simple hairstyles, there are many looks you can create using bobby pins but if they have a little special something about them they will bring your hairstyle to another level. That is basically what this trend is all about for me, pretending that I have tried really hard to look good when actually it was a simple effortless choice.


 If you are anything like me and all you know how to do is to tie your hair, scrunchies are something that you need to add to your collection this season. They will keep your hair away from your face (something I find one hundred per cent necessary) and give a special touch to your look. You can also own as many as you like and have one to match each of your looks. They are a useful purchase, they look way better on your wrist than a regular hairband and will make it look like you very stylish and put together. I love the simplicity of them, I love that they work with my hair up and with my hair down and I love that I can have as many as I want to match every outfit (yes, maybe I'm a bit obsessed).



The last accessory I want to talk about are hair clips. This is probably my favourite piece when it comes to this trend, maybe because it's the easiest one to style, maybe because it totally brings my look up to a whole new level, what I know for sure is that even when this type of accessories are not trendy anymore you will probably still find them on my hair. The pearl one is always on my purse if for some reason I'm not feeling my best or if I feel like I need to look more put together this is the safety net I needed.



Overall I just want to say that I truly love this trend, it's the perfect way for girls who can't do anything with their hairs to spice up their looks. For the first time in my 22 years of existence, I love my hair, I want to try different thing and play with it. So guess my goal with this post is to inspire you to step out of your comfort zone and to try different things with your appearance because nine times out of ten you will feel more empowered about yourself and at the end of the day that if it makes you feel good, it will be worth the shot.


Location: Loulé, Algarve, Portugal
Photography: Sofia Filipe

2 comments

  1. Hairstyles are essential for a good looking and a good appearance. We choose our hairstyle for various occasions and events in order to make a good impression and to look appropriate.


    https://issuu.com/child-actor-la

    ReplyDelete